Child Abuse Line
Call (306) 569 2724Available 24/7
Callers to the Child Abuse Line can expect Crisis Counsellors to gather information about their concerns. Crisis Counsellors will assess the information provided and determine a response. Some reports will require an immediate response where others a response within 5 days. Some calls will not be responded to if they are assessed to not be a child protection concern.
You need not have all the information prior to calling. But you will be asked for as much information about the concern as you can provide. This will include;
- Your name and phone number (callers can choose to remain anonymously)
- Relationship to child
- Any immediate concerns about the child's safety
- Location of the child
- Child's age and age of other children in the home.
- Information on the situation including all physical and behavioural indicators observed
- Information about the immediate family and alleged offenders
- Names of family supports
- Other children who may be affected
- Information about other persons or agencies closely involved with the child and family
- Any other relevant information concerning the child or family you may have.